Top HR Conferences To Attend In 2018 – 2019
Why HR Conferences Are Important to Human Resources
The entire community of HR professionals is one of the most active professional industries. Every year, just in the USA, there are 100+ HR conferences built to tackle some of the hardest topics HR professionals face. Human Resources accounts for many facets of a business from attracting talent to the organization, training, retaining and firing. There are HR conferences speaking to every function of HR.
We have built a list of the top HR conferences to attend this year and beyond. This page is continually being updated with the newest HR events, conferences and learning courses for your industry. If your event is not listed, and you’d like to be included, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIVAHR will be attending many of the HR conferences listed below. Be sure to come say “hi” and pick up some swag 🙂
HR Conferences in 2018 – 2019
October 15-17 2018
Fort Worth Convention Center
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Held in Fort Worth Texas, this is the largest HR conference for HR professionals in the state of Texas. HRSWC is organized by Dallas HR and it is the official State of Texas SHRM conference. Attendance is expected to be 2,500+ HR professionals. Keynote speakers include Captain Scott Kelly. This HR conference will allow you to earn SHRM PDCs and HRCI credit hours simultaneously.
March 05-07 2019
Miami, FL 33131
Creating Positive Business Outcomes with Workforce Analytics
Learn how high-performing organizations are balancing the need for shorter, more agile workforce planning cycles with long-term talent strategy. Find out what it takes to build your people analytics dream team and apply data-backed insights to talent issues throughout the employee lifecycle.
April 08-10 2019
Nashville, TN 89109
SHRM always brings the largest HR conferences to its membership. This HR conferences is designed specifically for recruitment and talent management professionals. Focused on tools, resources and strategies into recruiting. Attendance will be 1,500+ with 80+ sessions to attend.
VIVAHR will be attending SHRM Talent as an exhibitor. Come say HI!
May 06-07 2019
Hilton San Francisco Union Square
San Francisco, CA 94102
Making Diversity and Inclusion Part of Everyday Culture
Learn how to leverage neuroscience, data and simple behavioral design to help employees feel supported, heard, and valued. Get tools that have been wildly successful for both small and large organizations, and uncover actionable strategies for navigating difficult conversations and change management in order to guide people to true acceptance.
HCI’s 2019 Inclusive Diversity Conference will show you how to leverage neuroscience, data and simple behavioral design to make diversity and inclusion part of your everyday organizational culture.
There are many tools and best business practices that can help you achieve your HR strategy in 2019. This HR conference is in San Francisco in May 2019
June 10-12 2019
Sheraton Denver Downtown
Denver, CO 80202
Beat the Talent Crunch with an All-Hands-On-Deck Strategy
Beat the talent crunch in your organization by leveraging an array of strategies, tactics, and tools that go beyond the siloed approach to recruiting strategy. Use new selection techniques to hire for performance and retention. Get a crash course in talent acquisition analytics to make data-driven recruiting a reality at your organization.
June 23-26 2019
Las Vegas Convention Center
Las Vegas, NV 89109
If you are only going to attend one conference this year, the SHRM19 is definitely one of the best HR conferences in 2019 to attend. This conference is one of the most well known to HR personnel and offers roughly 200 different sessions focuses on 6 key HR categories that will help talent acquisition agents, recruiters, HR managers, and the like improve their work environment, hiring strategies, professional development, and so much more. — SHRM19
Dr Brene Brown is announced as the Keynote Speaker. Dr Brene Brown is a research professor at the University of Houston. The author of four #1 New York Times bestsellers. Checkout Dr Brown’s TED talk – The Power of Vulnerability
June 23-26 2019
SHRM Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV
Start planning for your 2019 HR conferences to attend with the annual SHRM conference. Keynote speakers:
- Brené Brown will share lessons learned from the past two decades researching courage, vulnerability, shame and empathy.
- Sheryl Sandberg, Chief Operating Officer, Facebook
- Adam Grant, NY Times Best-selling author
- Oscar Munoz, CEO, United Airlines
There will be 200+ HR sessions that qualify for HRCI as well as SHRM-CP credit hours.
Categories of sessions include:
Business & HR Strategy
July 29-31 2019
Sheraton Denver Downtown
Denver, CO 80202
Similarly to the design world, UX has become a key component of User Experience. EX is the new term form Employee Experience. Find ways to drive employee engagement with leaders training on empowerment and accountability.
Learn effective tools and coaching strategies that enable leaders to create authentic connections, use frequent conversations to establish clear goal setting and career development paths, and help their teams better understand the value of their roles in achieving organizational goals. Drive real accountability for engagement in managers and leaders with proven tools and resources that have helped the high performing organizations on this program engage and retain their workforce.
October 01-04 2019
THE VENETIAN® LAS VEGAS
Las Vegas, NV 89109
The HR Tech Conferences (#HRtech) as known for being the showcase of the latest and greatest in HR. If you’re looking to improve the technology resources for your organization, this becomes a must-attend HR conference of the year.
This event is great for organizations over 1,000 employees. Not the best use of conference budget and time if you are part of an HR team servicing under 1,000 employees.
Why Attend HR Conferences
Learn from industry experts
Many of the HR conferences listed on this page do a tremendous job at bringing in industry thought leaders. The peers in HR tend to learn best practices from one another. Other industry conferences might be vendor heavy with content, but in the HR landscape, HR conferences tend to be very focused on quality educational resources. You’ll be learning from fellow HR professionals about best practices and HR fundamentals in a changing world.
Legal liability protection
The number one reason HR professional report they invest into HR conferences is to avoid legal risk before an issue arises. Current and potential changes in the labor compliance create strong talking points at HR conferences and help you stay on top of current affairs and relevant issues.
Continual learning credits
There are two major certification credits HR conferences will help you obtain. SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP and HRCI and the main continual learning credit systems represented at HR conferences. Check with the specific conference you’re considering to attend to ensure they offer what you need. Most of the conferences listed here offer dual credit hours so you can obtain credit hours for both.
HR Tech and Vendors
The HR industry’s best vendors will often find themselves in the exhibit hall of HR conferences. Take the time to ask questions about new technology, resources, tips and recommendations. These vendors have a strong pulse on what is happening in the HR landscape. These tools help you stay competitive and ensure you’re leveraging the best tools for your organization.
HR Recruiting Resources
- Track the sources for every job posting with this free tool – https://vivahr.com/campaign-url-builder
- Understanding the power of Google AI job search – https://vivahr.com/google-ai-job-search
- The Culture Marketing Show, how to craft and share your hiring story – https://vivahr.com/category/the-culture-marketing-show
HR Conferences FAQs
How do I get certification credit for attending a HR conference?
There are two primary continuing certification programs. HRCI, has been the more globally known and recognized certification. They offer a search page that will allow you to find the HR conference you attended and apply for the continuing learning credit to be applied. The other certification is run by SHRM. They have SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP. Recertification is required every three years. Professionals will need to earn 60 professional development credits. HR conferences are a great way to build those certification hours.
Is there networking at HR conferences?
One of the best parts about attending the hr conferences is the relationships you’ll make. Many HR professionals will attend the conferences to meet up with peers, find mentors and grow their network. As much as you’ll be attending an hr conference to learn, you should equally plan on bringing business cards to network and connect.
How many human resource professionals attend conferences?
Each conference will host a different amount. The HR conferences listed on this page, will have around 800 up to 10,000 attendees. The national conferences can have as much as 15,000 hr professionals attend.
There are several virtual HR conferences that boast of 30,000 hr professionals attending virtually at a time.
How to plan for your upcoming HR conference
- Build your wish-list: Before you go, make sure you create your list of key questions you’re facing right now in your career, industry, team. These can be your talking points while meeting with peers or during Q&A time at the end of speaker presentations. It can also help keep you focused in the exhibitor area knowing who you should spend your time talking to.
- Is there a conference app? Find out if there is a conference app. Download it before you go to see latest announcements and potential peers, mentors you can meet up with. The best relationships are built outside the hr conference. Find out where the after parties and peer dinner groups are meeting. WiFi is not always a sure thing at the venue. Make sure you download the app before you go.
- Get your twitter account ready – Much of the conference chatter happens via a twitter hashtag thread. Find out what the conference hashtag will be, save it in your search preferences in your twitter mobile app. Engage. These events are so much better when you can share what you’ve learned, insights and tips to your HR friends. Great way to see who else is attending and who you may want to follow on twitter for post-event conversations and networking.
- Block out time for meetings. The relationships you make, will be better than the presenters message (sorry speakers! I know you agree though 🙂 Find time in the conference schedule to have one on one coffee connections or lunch meetings. Get to know other professionals.
- Take advantage of the early-bird sessions. The more well-known speakers are scheduled during the meat & potatoes time slots of the conference. However, some of my favorite sessions during HR conferences have happened during the pre-conference time slots. The ‘up and comers’ are speaking and put a TON into their presentations. Don’t overlook the newbies to the speaking scene.