Sunday, January 27th, 2019
Free template to write an office manager job description
Office Manager’s monitor routine operations and employees working in different professions or industries.The positions responsibilities may range from development of in-office communication protocols and procedures, streamlining administrative systems, inventory audits, staff leadership, and task assignment.
Related Job Titles to Office Managers
- Office Administrator
- Administrative Assistant
- Front Office Coordinator
Office Manager Job Description Template (Free)
We are actively seeking an Office Manager to organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures. As our Office Manager you will build and maintain a pleasant work atmosphere to ensure a high degree of productivity, communication, and safety of our office. Also, you will work closely with ownership to ensure a profitable office environment is maintained.
Office Manager Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Delegates and coordinate work tasks
- Oversees all office employees work to ensure productively, meet deadlines, and company standards
- Monitor and record hours worked including overtime
- Maintains office performance by planning and achieving office systems, layouts, and supply inventory
- Organize and keep current all financial records
- Controls and reconciles petty cash
- Organize repairs and upgrades on office equipment
- Ensures all health and safety policies are current and up to date
- Handles company’s correspondence, complaints and queries
Office Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, or a related field (preferred)
- 3+ years of work experience in an administrative/office management role
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have exceptional attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Computer skills and knowledge of office software packages
Redline Electric & Solar
"The best recruiting platform on the market! VIVAHR allowed us to create a dashboard and applicant experience like no other!!"
Get more applicants from the Best Job Boards
Free for life plan
No credit card required
Post for free to 50+ job boards
Sample Interview Questions For Office Manager
These questions can help select an ideal candidate for your opening for a Office Manager:
- Describe your responsibilities at your previous position.
- How do you organize your workload when dealing with tasks and requests from multiple sources?
- Please tell me about an office conflict you resolved.
- How did you ensure the security of office records at your last organization?
- What office management software are you familiar with?
- How would you improve efficiency and lessen errors?
- What do you think the should be the biggest strengths of an office manager?
- How have you ensure the acceptance of a new procedure or policy throughout a company?
- What’s the most challenging thing about being an office manager?
What are the Educational Requirements For Office Managers
Most office managers positions a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required. Some employers prefer a bachelor’s degree. related in business administration, human resources management or information management.
How Much To Pay Office Managers When Hiring
Based on the job and the amount of management experience and educations, the range will vary quite a bit. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average income for Office Manager for 2019 is $46.61/hour or $96,940 per year. The job market for Office Manages over the next ten years looks to grow by 7%. Compensation and pay can vary based on your local city and state.