Monday, June 26th, 2017
Do you need to add a recruiter to your company? Here is a free Recruiter Job Description Template that you can use to help find and hire your perfect recruiter for your company. Hiring is a process that requires a tremendous amount of detail, structure, and proper dedication. Using a Recruiter job description template allows you to streamline your hiring process and to hire more effectively. You can use this Recruiter Job Description template and revamp the position’s details to be unique to your company’s culture. If you need a better approach for your company’s hiring process, use VIVAHR’s applicant tracking system and starting hiring like an expert.
Related Job Titles for Recruiters
- Career Consultant
- Placement Coordinator
- Employment Consultant
- Placement Consultant
Recruiter Job Description Template
We are seeking a seasoned recruiter experienced in full-cycle recruiting. You will be in charge of attracting, screening, selecting, and onboarding qualified team members who fit with our company culture. With our existing pool of candidates, you will be able to recruit, screen efficiently, and interview qualified talent who will ultimately deliver the competitive advantage we need in our marketplace.
Recruiter Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and implement a full-cycle recruiting process
- Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications
- Prepare and post jobs to appropriate employment advertising mediums.
- Source and attract candidates by using internal databases, social media, community resources, etc.; think outside the box.
- Screen qualified candidate’s resumes and job applications.
- Demonstrate sound decision-making ability when extending job offers
- Determine interviewee’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience
- New employee onboarding
- Utilize HR best practices when cycling applicants
- Provided candidate status reports to the rest of the team.
- Act as a point of contact while building positive relationships with candidates
- Promote company culture and career opportunities available
Requirements for Recruiter
- Three years of full-cycle recruiting experience
- Ability to conduct various types of interviews (structure, competency or behavioral-based, etc.)
- Experience with various screening processes (phone interviewing, reference check, etc.)
- Ability to conduct various types of candidate assessments to determine eligibility
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems and candidate management systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be a decision-maker!
- BS/MS in Human Resources Management, Communication, Business, or related degree
Redline Electric & Solar
"The best recruiting platform on the market! VIVAHR allowed us to create a dashboard and applicant experience like no other!!"
Get more applicants from the Best Job Boards
Free for life plan
No credit card required
Post for free to 50+ job boards
What Does a Recruiter Do?
A typical workday in a recruiter’s life consists of finding qualified applicants for a job opening and strives to meet the employer and an employee’s demands during the hiring process. The recruiter helps facilitate the beginning to end process of hiring for a company.
Sample Interview Questions For Recruiter
If you are hiring a recruiter, these questions can help narrow options until you find the ideal candidate:
- How long have you worked as a recruiter?
- What about this position that interested you the most?
- What has been your most achieved goal as a recruiter?
- How does a recruiter play a vital role in a company’s growth?
- How do you assess a candidate’s abilities to be perfect for an open position?
- What is your recruiting method to ensure a good fit for a company and a job seeker?
- How do you help a job seeker with rejection?
- What is your approach to handling a satisfied employer?
- What was your most challenging candidate to place?
- Why do you think you would be a good fit for this company?
What are the Educational Requirements For Recruiter?
Many recruiters typically obtain a bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field. Some recruiters have years of experience and on the job training or certification.
How Much To Pay Recruiter When Hiring
Based on the job and the experience, the range will vary quite a bit. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Recruiter’s median income in 2018 was $21.80/hour or $45,360 a year. The job market for a Recruiter over the next ten years looks to grow by 12%. Compensation and pay can vary based on your local city and state.