Friday, June 5th, 2020
Here is a FREE Electrician Apprentice job description template that will make the hiring process more manageable.
An Electrician Apprentice seeks to learn the skills and gain experience for an electrician position under a Master electrician’s supervision. The Electrician Apprentice may receive on the job training in private or public sectors, learn to read blueprints, use proper equipment, work with other crew members. Additionally, an Electrician Apprentice supports Journey Electricians in the maintenance, operation, and repairing of electrical systems. They assist with and perform installation and maintenance tasks to ensure the effective operation of various electrical equipment.
Related Job Titles to Electrician Apprentice
- Electrician Trainee
- Construction Electrician apprentice
- Electrical Assistant
- Electrician Helper
Electrician Apprentice Job Description Template (Free)
Our company has an immediate opening for an ambitious Electrician Apprentice to join our team. An Electrician Apprentice will have the responsibilities assigned by the Master Electrician to supporting and completing tasks under Journeyman Electricians’ supervision. Duties include installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and calibrations of electrical systems and equipment.
The ideal Electrician Apprentice must be eager to learn and able to follow instructions. You should demonstrate excellent time management and customer service skills to be successful as an electrician apprentice. Outstanding candidates are detailed oriented, overly critical, and have explicit knowledge of safety procedures.
Electrician Apprentice Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support and Assist a journeyman electrician and follow task directions
- Measure materials or objects for installation or assembly
- Cut metal components for installation.
- Test electrical equipment or systems to ensure the proper functioning
- Install electrical components, equipment, or systems
- Inspect electrical or electronic systems for defects
- Repair electrical equipment
- Drill holes in construction materials
- Thread wire or cable through ducts or conduits
- Maintain a safe working environment by following all company rules and OSHA safety standards
- Commuting between job locations and responsible for standard tools and equipment needed to perform assigned tasks
- Complying with service standards, work instructions, and customers’ requirements
- Maintain professional, respectful, and timely service
Electricians Apprentice Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent
- Proficient experience in electrical equipment
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Understanding of advanced principles of industrial, commercial, residential electrical systems
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays with short or no notice
- Ability to work in confined spaces
Redline Electric & Solar
"The best recruiting platform on the market! VIVAHR allowed us to create a dashboard and applicant experience like no other!!"
Get more applicants from the Best Job Boards
Unlimited Job Postings
Post for free to 50+ job boards
Sample Interview Questions For Electrician Apprentice
These questions can help minimize options until you find the ideal Electrician Apprentice candidate:
- Why do you want to become an Electrician Apprentice?
- Why do you want to be an Electrician Apprentice for this company?
- What tools are required for you to obtain with you at all times?
- How does an Electrician Apprentice play a vital role in customer satisfaction?
- What is the best electrical ability you have so far?.
- What are the key attributes of an electric apprentice?
- Tell me about a time you had a major obstacle that you had to address? What did you do?
- How do you coordinate with coworkers and a full workload?
- What safety procedures do you have when performing routine electrician’s duties?
- Why do you think you would be a good fit for this company?
What are the Educational Requirements For Electrician Apprentices?
Electricians Apprentice need at least a high school diploma or GED to enroll in an electrical apprenticeship program. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, apprentices usually need to be at least 18 years old, although some may start at 16.
How Much To Pay Electrician Apprentices When Hiring
Based on the job and the apprenticeship experience, the range will vary quite a bit. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median income for Journeyman Electrician in 2020 was $23.50/hour or $48,000 a year. The job market for Maintenance Electricians over the next ten years looks to grow by 10%. Compensation and pay can vary based on your local city and state.
Similar Job Description Templates
Journeyman Electrician Job Description Template
Master Electrician Job Description Template
Maintenance Electrician Job Description Template