Thursday, June 11th, 2020
Responsibilities of a Master Electricians included installing and repairing electrical systems in residential, commercial, industrial spaces. To ensure systems function safely and efficiently, Master Electricians test, troubleshoot, and replace electrical components. Master Electricians have the experience to train and mentor other electricians.
A Master Electrician is an individual who has obtained many years of experience as an electrician and is a top-level electrician. They have the knowledge and expertise to install, maintain, and repair the most complex electrical systems. As the Master Electrician, a vital role is to supervise apprentices and journeyman electricians’ work routinely.
Related Job Titles to Master Electrician
- Commercial Master Electrician
- Licensed Master Electrician
- Industrial Master Electrician
Master Electrician Job Description Template (Free)
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Master Electrician to conduct the installation and restoration of our customers’ electrical frameworks. Master Electrician’s tasks involve communication with customers and doing one’s inspections to diagnose each job. For this position, you should be able to diagnose electrical failures quickly and provide excellent customer service.
To be a successful Master Electrician, you should be able to read blueprints, use diagnostic tools, and make decisions under pressure. As an excellent Master Electrician, you should have sound knowledge of your skills and the ability to pass on this knowledge to apprentices and journeyman electricians.
Master Electrician Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct checks, perform reviews and connect with consumers to recognize issues of concern.
- Interpreting blueprints and drawing rough sketches as necessary
- Select the most appropriate course of action, given the project restrictions
- Writing reports on electrical maintenance, including inspections, test results, final situation prognosis, and steps to solve problems for each job or situation.
- Choosing, installing, and securing the performance of wires, plugs, panel boards, switchgear, switchboards, and similar.
- Maintain a safe working environment by following all company rules and OSHA safety standards
- Commuting between job locations and responsible for standard tools and equipment needed to perform assigned tasks
- Guiding and supervising other apprentices or journeyman electricians
- Complying with service standards, work instructions, and customers’ requirements
- Maintain professional, respectful, and timely service
Master Electrician Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent
- Vocational, training, or apprenticeship of an electricians program
- Completion of a relevant apprenticeship
- Valid driver’s license
- At least 3-5 years of experience as an Electrician.
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Experience with power tools and other equipment used in construction
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays with short or no notice
- Ability to work in confined spaces
Redline Electric & Solar
"The best recruiting platform on the market! VIVAHR allowed us to create a dashboard and applicant experience like no other!!"
Get more applicants from the Best Job Boards
Unlimited Job Postings
Post for free to 50+ job boards
Sample Interview Questions For Master Electrician
These questions can help minimize options until you find the ideal Master Electrician candidate:
- How long have you worked as an electrician?
- Why do you want to be a master electrician for this company?
- As a Master Electrician, what is the most advanced skill you have acquired??
- How do Master Electricians play a vital role in customer satisfaction?
- Please tell me how you would manage and organize your service calls and route.
- Can you describe a time you managed to teach an apprentice successfully?
- Tell me about a time you had a significant electrician obstacle that you had to address. What did you do?
- How do you coordinate with coworkers for your service calls?
- What safety procedures do you have when performing routine electrician’s duties?
- Why do you think you would be a good fit for this company?
What are the Educational Requirements For Master Electricians?
Before becoming a Master Electrician, one must have years of experience as an electrician apprentice and journeyman. The electrical technology education a master electrician must have is more than 12,000 hours of supervised experience. In some states, they may need to pass a certification exam to become a Master Electrician.
How Much To Pay Master Electricians When Hiring
Based on the job and the experience, the range will vary quite a bit. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median income for Master Electrician in 2020 is $30.00/hour or $62,400 a year. The job market for Master Electricians over the next ten years looks to grow by 10%. Compensation and pay can vary based on your local city and state.
Similar Job Description Templates
Electrician Apprentice Job Description Template
Journeyman Electrician Job Description Template
Maintenance Electrician Job Description Template