Thursday, June 4th, 2020
A Journeyman Electrician is an individual who has obtained the required hours and passed their qualification exam as an apprentice. Journeyman Electrician’s job duties include electrical installation, repair, and maintenance. Under the supervision of a Master Electrician, a Journeyman Electrician works independently and with engineers, architects, and other electricians across various industries. A Journeyman Electrician ranks above an electrician apprentice and below a Master Electrician.
Related Job Titles to Journeyman Electrician
- Commercial Journeyman Electrician
- Licensed Journeyman Electrician
- Industrial Journeyman Electrician
Journeyman Electrician Job Description Template (Free)
We have an immediate opening for an experienced and driven Journeyman Electrician to conduct the installation and restoration of our customers’ electrical frameworks. A Journeyman Electrician’s tasks involve communicating with customers and conducting their inspections for diagnosis and each job. You should be comfortable with minimal supervision to carry out these and related our company’s standards for this position.
Journeyman Electrician Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct checks, perform reviews, and electrical connections with consumers to recognize issues of concern.
- Select the most appropriate course of action, given the project restrictions
- Writing reports on electrical maintenance, including inspections, test results, final situation prognosis, and steps to solve problems for each job or situation
- Installing and securing the performance of wires, plugs, panel boards, switchgear, switchboards, and similar.
- Maintain a safe working environment by following all company rules and OSHA safety standards
- Commuting between job locations and responsible for standard tools and equipment needed to perform assigned tasks
- Participate in all technical training
- Complying with service standards, work instructions, and customers’ requirements
- Maintain professional, respectful, and timely service
Journeyman Electrician Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent
- Vocational, training, or apprenticeship of an electricians program
- Completion of a relevant apprenticeship
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Understanding of advanced principles of industrial, commercial, residential electrical systems
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays with short or no notice
- Ability to work in confined spaces
Redline Electric & Solar
"The best recruiting platform on the market! VIVAHR allowed us to create a dashboard and applicant experience like no other!!"
Get more applicants from the Best Job Boards
Free for life plan
No credit card required
Post for free to 50+ job boards
Sample Interview Questions For Journeyman Electrician
These questions can help minimize options until you find the ideal Journeyman Electrician candidate:
- How long have you worked as an electrician?
- Why do you want to be a journeyman electrician for this company?
- What tools are required for you to obtain with you at all times?
- How do Journeyman Electricians play a vital role in customer satisfaction?
- Please tell me how you would manage and organize your service calls and route.
- How do you manage a full workload?
- Tell me about a time you had a major electrician obstacle that you had to address?. What did you do?
- How do you coordinate with coworkers for your service calls?
- What safety procedures do you have when performing routine electrician’s duties?
- Why do you think you would be a good fit for this company?
What are the Educational Requirements For Journeyman Electricians?
Journeyman electrician must have obtained an entry-level position or an apprenticeship for an electrician for four to five years. For each year completed of the apprenticeship, the apprentice receives a great deal of on the job hours and experience to advance into the Journeyman Electrician position.
How Much To Pay Journeyman Electricians When Hiring
Based on the job and the apprenticeship experience, the range will vary quite a bit. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median income for Journeyman Electrician in 2019 was $27.01/hour or $53,000 a year. The job market for Journeyman Electricians over the next ten years looks to grow by 10%. Compensation and pay can vary based on your local city and state.
Similar Job Description Templates
Maintenance Electrician Job Description
Master Electrician Job Description Template
Electrician Apprentice Job Description Template