Are you looking to hire a Plumbing Manager to join your company? Then you are in the right place. This Plumbing Manager Job Description Template includes a list of the most important responsibilities and requirements for this position. It’s not easy for everyone to write a good job description that will draw the attention of applicants you are looking for; that is why we are here to help.
With our applicant tracking system, you can use this Plumbing Manager Job Description Template to attract qualified candidates, hire the employees you see fit, and save a lot of time. You can also customize this template, add anything you want and post it to job position sites. We love making this process earlier for you.
What is a Plumbing Manager?
The plumbing Manager directs and supervises other plumbing technicians effectively to repair, install, start-up, operation, and maintain all plumbing requirements for residential and commercial services. Routinely, Plumbing Manager’s work with install technicians, dispatch staff, and other managers ensures customer satisfaction while achieving plumbing tasks. The Plumbing Mangers will often interact and communicate with vendors, suppliers, and clients and lead company representatives.
Related Job Titles to Plumbing Managers
- Plumbing Service Manager
- Plumbing & Piping Operations Manager
- Mechanical Project Manager
- Project Manager Commercial project
Plumbing Manager Job Description Template (Free)
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Plumbing Manager. The ideal candidate will have five years of experience in managing plumbing technicians, installers, and apprentices. The Plumbing Manager will direct plumbing technicians and installers to efficiently and effectively meet project tasks, duties, and other requirements. As the Plumbing manager, you are accountable for all plumbing technician’s performance assessments, reviews, and improvement objectives for the company requirements.
Plumbing Manager Duties & Responsibilities:
- Schedules, coordinates, and offers operational assistance for technicians to satisfy customer needs and standards
- Review technician’s work to ensure quality and meet the established standards, techniques, and safety requirements.
- Provide training programs to ensure that technicians are properly educated about the latest service techniques, equipment, general working conditions, and safety procedures
- Regularly communicates with the dispatch to ensure that technicians are appropriately scheduled according to the level of skill, efficiency, and training needs.
- Monitor and evaluate budgets, targets, and objectives to ensure company profitability.
- Specifies and ensures that the parts needed are ordered promptly to guarantee meeting deadlines
- Communications with vendors and suppliers on warranty problems, product recall reports, and product operating issues
- Collaborate on the company and departmental goals and objectives with other managers
Plumbing Manager Requirements:
- Five years of related experience in managing plumbing technicians
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent
- Education from college, trade school, or military
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable, detailed oriented, highly organized, and capable of handling several tasks
- Recognize a thorough understanding of the plumbing industry
- The ability to know local codes and to use available resources to find solutions
- Efficient management skills to improve the productivity of teams and work standards.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays with short or no notice
Redline Electric & Solar
"The best recruiting platform on the market! VIVAHR allowed us to create a dashboard and applicant experience like no other!!"
Get more applicants from the Best Job Boards
Unlimited Job Postings
Post for free to 50+ job boards
Sample Interview Questions For Plumbing Manager
These questions can help select an ideal candidate for your opening for a Plumbing Manager:
- How long have you worked in plumbing?
- Have you managed others before? How many plumbing technicians have you handled?
- Why do you want to be a plumbing manager for this company?
- How do plumbing managers play a vital role in customer satisfaction?
- Tell me how you would manage and organize your team of plumbers?
- How do you resolve a conflict between your technicians?
- If two of your plumbing technicians call out sick on the same day, What would you do to ensure an efficient productivity level stays high?
- What would you do if there was a problem that kept you from completing a job on time?
- Tell me about a time you had a significant obstacle that you had to address? What did you do?
- Why do you think you would be a good fit for this company?
What are the Educational Requirements For Plumbing Managers
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), most plumbers managers have five years of plumbing management-related experience. Some Plumber Managers obtain an equivalent combination of education and experience.
How Much To Pay Plumbing Managers When Hiring
Based on the job and the amount of management experience, the range will vary quite a bit. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average income for plumbers for 2020 is $39.00/hour or $70,000 to $103,000 a year. The job market for Plumbing Manages over the next ten years looks to grow by 14%. Compensation and pay can vary based on your local city and state.
Similar Job Description Templates
Plumbing Estimator Job Description Template
Plumbing Installer Job Description Template
Plumbing Apprentice Job Description Template