The role of an Automotive Body Technician performs the repairs on damaged vehicle bodies and straighten vehicle frames. An Automotive Body Technician’s duties include repairing damaged body parts and vehicles compliant with the dealership, auto shop, and factory standards and specifications.
Related Job Titles to Automotive Body Technician
- Auto Body Mechanic
- Auto Collision Technician
Automotive Body Technician Job Description Template (Free)
We are quickly expanding the Automotive Company to hire a skilled and qualified Automotive Body Technician to join our team. This position will require you to perform collision repairs, restoration and modifications, and weather damage. As our company’s technician, you will be responsible for ensuring that our customer’s automotive requests and requirements are met to satisfaction and all safety procedures.
Our automotive company is looking for a team player with a great work ethic and a get-it-done attitude. You will interact with our customers daily, and having patient and respectful behavior is a must as you represent our Automotive company.
Automotive Body Technician Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify repairs and damaged areas on vehicles
- developing a proper repair plan for each vehicle
- Present the best solution to repair a customer’s vehicle properly
- Perform repair on customer vehicles
- Repair collision-damaged vehicles according to manufacturer specifications and company standards.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicles while performing service or repairs
- Ensure that all performed work is to proper specifications
- Complete maintenance and test drive promptly
- Assist other employees as needed.
Automotive Body Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalently
- Proven experience as an Auto Body Technician
- Automotive and engine repair experience or auto mechanic training required.
- Must be able to lift objects that weigh as much as 50 pounds
- Able to bend, climb, reach, kneel, etc. for extended periods
- Prepared to get an additional certification as needed
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable, self-motivated, and great attention to detail
- Understanding of automotive air-conditioning systems
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays with short or no notice
Redline Electric & Solar
"The best recruiting platform on the market! VIVAHR allowed us to create a dashboard and applicant experience like no other!!"
Get more applicants from the Best Job Boards
Unlimited Job Postings
Post for free to 50+ job boards
Sample Interview Questions For Automotive Body Technician
These questions can help select an ideal candidate for your opening for an Automotive Body Technician:
- Please tell me about your most recent experience as an automotive body technician?
- Describe in detail the most challenging part of being an automotive body technician
- Please tell me how you have handled and coordinated your workload.
- What mistakes have you learned from an automotive body technician?
- How do you coordinate with coworkers for technician tasks?
- Share an experience you had in dealing with a difficult person and how you handled the situation?
- What makes you a good fit for this company?
What are the Educational Requirements For Automotive Body Technicians?
A high school diploma or GED is the minimum requirement to start an automotive body technician. Many automotive companies and employers prefer to hire those who have completed a certificate or associate’s programs in automotive technology or related fields.
How Much To Pay Automotive Body Technicians When Hiring
Based on the job and the experience, the range will vary quite a bit. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median income for Automotive Body Technicians as of 2018 is $20.55/hour or $41,090 a year.
Similar Job Positing Job Description Template
Automotive Technician Job Description Template