Automotive Tire Technician inspect, install, repair, and replace tires on various types of vehicles. An Automotive Tire technician’s duties involve installing new tires on vehicles, repairing or replacing damaged tires, performing routine maintenance of balancing and rotating tires. Many Automotive Tire technicians work for auto mechanic shops, dealerships, and heavy equipment companies.
Related Job Titles to Automotive Tire Technician
- Auto Tire Mechanic
- Alignment Technician
- Automotive Tire Worker
Automotive Tire Technician Job Description Template (Free)
We are actively hiring for a skilled and professional Automotive Tire Technician to join our company. This position will require you to perform collision repairs, restoration and modifications, and weather damage. As our company’s Automotive Tire technician, you will be responsible for inspecting tires on vehicles and determining the requirements for new tire installation, repairs, and replacements. You will also be required to perform routine tire maintenance of balancing and rotation.
Our company is looking for a team player with a great work ethic and the right attitude. To ensure success as our Automotive Tire Technician, you will need excellent problem-solving skills, great communication skills, and an eye for detail.
Automotive Tire Technician Duties & Responsibilities:
- Determining repairable tire conditions and making such repairs
- Remount wheels onto vehicles
- Unbolt and remove wheels from vehicles, using lug wrenches or other hand or power tools
- Place wheels on balancing machines to determine counterweights required to balance wheels
- Clean hubs and wheels for corrosion
- Replace valve stems and remove puncturing objects
- Seal punctures in tubeless tires by inserting adhesive material and expanding rubber plugs into punctures.
- Inflate tires to prescribed PSI per load requirements
- Perform maintenance on tires, including rotations and balancing
- Participate in training, follow safety procedures, job duties, and company policies
Automotive Tire Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalently
- 2-year experience as an Auto Tire Technician
- Must be able to lift and move tires weighing between 30-250 pound
- Able to bend, climb, reach, kneel, etc. for extended periods
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with co-workers and management
- Prepared to get an additional certification as needed
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable, self-motivated, and great attention to detail
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays with short or no notice
Redline Electric & Solar
"The best recruiting platform on the market! VIVAHR allowed us to create a dashboard and applicant experience like no other!!"
Get more applicants from the Best Job Boards
Unlimited Job Postings
Post for free to 50+ job boards
Sample Interview Questions For Automotive Tire Technician
These questions can help select an ideal candidate for your opening for an Automotive Tire Technician:
- Please tell me about your most recent experience as an automotive tire technician?
- What process do you use to test and measure damage to the tires?
- What is the hardest part of being an automotive tire technician?
- How do you organize your workload?
- What are the most common mistakes you think are made by tire technicians?
- How do you work under pressure?
- If you find a task difficult, how do you resort to making it more manageable?
- What makes you a good fit for this company?
What are the Educational Requirements For Automotive Tire Technicians?
A high school diploma or GED is the minimum requirement to start an automotive tire technician. Some employers may require their tire technicians to have receive certification courses in tire technology.
How Much To Pay Automotive Tire Technicians When Hiring
Based on the job and the experience, the range will vary quite a bit. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median income for Automotive Tire Technicians as of 2018 is $13.41/hour or $27,890 a year.
Similar Job Positing Job Description Template
Automotive Technician Job Description Template
Automotive Body Technician Job Description Template