Are you needing to hiring a Landscaper for your landscape company? Here is a FREE Landscapers job description that can help you and your business draw the attention of an experienced and skilled landscaper. Using this template to hiring a dependable landscaper makes the hiring process less stressful.
Develop and maintain gardens, parks, and other outdoor scenery – the role of a Landscapers includes these types of responsibilities and duties for a landscape company to meet clients’ requests in a residential, commercial, and city area. Other tasks included nurturing plant growth, trimming and removal of plant overgrowth, and cleaning outdoor amenities.
Related Job Titles to Landscaper
- Landscape Laborer
- Landscaper Maintenance Laborer
- Landscape Crew Member
Landscaper Job Description Template (Free)
We have an open position for an experienced Landscaper to join our company. The landscaper’s role will include performing various lawn care tasks such as fertilization, landscape design maintenance, removal of weeds and dead plants, and supervision of repairs.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will be dedicated, creative, well-organized, with excellent problem skills. As the Landscaper, you will ensure the growth and vibrancy of plants, flowers, lawn, and garden structures to meet our customer’s expectations.
Landscaper Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform general maintenance duties such as cleaning walkways, fixing fountains, and applying plaster
- Mow lawn either by hand or using a riding lawnmower
- Landscape by planting flowers, grass, shrubs, and bushes
- Take out weeds and dead plants.
- Trim shrubs and pull weeds
- Trim overgrown limbs, hedges, and leaves.
- Apply pesticides to remove harmful insects such as mosquitos, wasps, and ticks
- Uphold the landscaping design and ensure plant growth
- Conduct minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment utilized in groundskeeping
- Utilize pesticides to rid grounds of pests such as mosquitos, wasps, and ticks
- Be willing to train and enhance knowledge in assigned duties.
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalently
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a landscaping or groundskeeping role
- Must be able to safely operate maintenance equipment, including lawnmowers, leaf blowers, and hedge trimmers
- Strong knowledge of pest management and basic lawn maintenance.
- Ability to work in various weather conditions
- Great attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays with short or no notice
Redline Electric & Solar
"The best recruiting platform on the market! VIVAHR allowed us to create a dashboard and applicant experience like no other!!"
Get more applicants from the Best Job Boards
Unlimited Job Postings
Post for free to 50+ job boards
Sample Interview Questions For Landscaper
If you are hiring a Landscaper, these questions can help narrow options until you find the ideal candidate:
- How long have you worked in landscaping?
- Why did you choose to become a landscaper?
- Are you willing and able to work in all weather conditions?
- What was the most challenging landscape design you’ve worked on? How did you cope with it?
- How do you keep up with the latest landscaping techniques and designs?
- How do you ensure you are meeting customer’s landscaping requests?
- What skills or knowledge is important for a landscaper to have?
- If I ask you to do a job in a way you’re not used to, how would you handle that?
- How do you handle an unsatisfied client?
- What makes you an excellent fit for our company?
What are the Educational Requirements Landscapers?
A high school diploma or GED is the minimum requirement to start an occupation as Landscaper. Typically, the position of a landscaper is not required to have formal training. In most cases, they will receive on-the-job training from employers.
How Much To Pay Landscapers When Hiring
Based on the job and the experience, the range will vary quite a bit. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median income for Landscaper in 2018 was $15.87/hour or $30,000 a year. The job market for landscapers over the next ten years looks to grow by 11%. Compensation and pay can vary based on your local city and state.
Similar Job Description Templates to Landscape Foreman