Secretary Job Description
Secretary Job Overview
We will heavily rely on this person to provide amazing administrative support to make sure our office runs without a hitch. The ideal candidate will be a problem solver self starter with an energetic desire to keep morale and productivity up through overall office support.
Secretary Job Responsibilities
- Greet incoming visitors with your biggest smile.
- Answer and forward phone calls with enthusiasm. Smile on the phone too; it makes a difference!
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Maintain contact lists; this includes vendors and other professional contacts.
- Produce and distribute various correspondence throughout the office, including memos, emails, the occasional hand-written note, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports delivered to internal managers.
- Be a filing wizard! Develop your own great system that maximizes organization in the office.
- Keep office supply closets stocked with goodies at all times; yes, both candy and sticky notes.
- Ensure management travels safely by plane and/or rental car by coordinating well-planned travel arrangements.
- Submit and reconcile expense reports; keep things accounted for.
- Five years of top-notch secretarial or administrative experience.
- Be great at watching the clock and prioritizing your tasks wisely.
- Attention to work details and solving problems in an effective manner.
- Love communicating with people? If so, great; we’ll need you to be great at both written and verbal forms of communication.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Have obtained high school diploma or GED.
- Excellent skills with the entire Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook and Excel.