Accountant Job Description
Accountant Job Overview
We are seeking an experienced and proficient accountant to prepare budget and financial statements, manage all account data entries, and consult with decision makers on possible changes in budgetary spending.
- Develop budget and financial forecasts
- Publish financial statements
- Gather, analyze, and summarize account data including the balance sheet, profit and loss statement, tax paperwork, etc.
- Audit documents in order to ensure accurate financial transactions
- Maintain confidentiality in handling financial information
- Recommend financial decision-making through evaluating available options
- Prepare and record asset, liability, and capital account entries
- Analyze and fix discrepancies in account information
- Be knowledgeable about federal, state, and local financial laws and regulation
Requirements for Accountant
- Prior accounting experience in a professional setting
- Working proficiency in accounting software
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of accounting and corporate finance methods and principles
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA
- Should be able to work in a fast-paced, yet detail-oriented setting with the ability to make changed quickly as needed.